Wednesday, June 13, 2012

This Old Hedge

I'm ashamed to admit that it's been a little while since I posted anything about hedgerows. This working for a living......oh, no excuses.... Okay, I hope this image scratches the itch like a nasty old hawthorn - ahem - like the lovely ones pictured below from distant Wales:  


A tip of the cap to Martin Evans for allowing me to share this image from the geograph website (a big favorite here at the world HQ).  I have come to learn that Mr. Evans also happens to be a member of the Telegraph Pole Appreciation Society.  How cool is that?!  I wonder if it's open to Yanks?

Kids, it's moments like this when my eccentric (for an American) affection for hedgerows pays off . Just look where this odd path led me today. This is simply an amazing world, I don't care what anyone else tells you.        

2 comments:

Lin at Sandpiper's Place said...

Hi Dave, I hope you are well. Beautiful photo! I enjoyed this post and spent a little time on the Geograph site and seeing pictures of Great Britain and Ireland. Also, who knew there was a Telegraph Appreciation Society? I curse those wires when they spoil an otherwise beautiful view, so it's good that they have "some friends." :)
Best wishes, Lin

Dave Coulter said...

Hey Lin - Couple of nice websites there, eh? Have a great summer!